Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Visit from Uncle Tom

The beginning of March brought Uncle Tom and 7 medical students into our neighborhood. I was very busy with planning their in-country logistics but for the most part, it all went off without a hitch. Three days of clinics. 1 day of ATM cave. A few beers. A few pizza. Life was good. We also rushed taking over the building next door to Pasquale's so we could use it as a meeting place for the students. Yes, we are expanding Pasquale's but that will come up in different posts.



These little kids have never seen what they look like. It wasn't until I took a picture of them with their mommy that they weren't scared anymore.


This 15 yr old brought her mom in for a check up after she had hers. The 15yr old tested pregnant for her second baby... her first was already 2.



Such a great experience. I will gladly help Tom with with every year he comes down.

No comments: