Monday, August 1, 2011

The Big 32!

This year for my birthday I had the special treat of having the party at the Mena's house on the hill. It was supposed to be a pool party but following with tradition since we've move to Belize, there was a huge rain storm all day so we didn't much feel like swimming. The party was fantastic and the number of friends who came out to celebrate was astounding. To go from a small handful of friends in Chicago to the number I have here is still unbelievable at times.

Margarita has assumed the responsibility of making my birthday cake every year - angel food cake. She even makes it from scratch!




I am lucky to share my birthday with Sophia so my bday theme usually follows hers. This year it was Princess theme. She also had a lady doing hair and nails for the kids which is why my hair was braided for the parties.

The biggest surprise of the night, however, goes to my husband... who hired a mariachi band to come play!!!! Normally the group plays in Placencia at one of the fancy resorts on Saturday nights but Kevin was able to lure them to my birthday party instead. I was truly surprised and loved it so much! Going to be hard to top that one!




No comments: