November 6th was the 2nd Annual Red Dress Hash Run for charity. The event originated in the US were a girl was invited to a Hash and, not knowing anything about hashing, she showed up in a red dress and heels. Instead of whimpering off in a corner, she took the heat and participated in the hash in her red dress and heels. Since then, there have been Red Dress Runs for charity in her 'honor'. This year we had approximately 70 participants - all dressed in their finest red attire and we raised almost $2500USD for Special Olympics Belmopan and Mary Open Door, which is a battered women's shelter in San Ignacio. It was a great day for the hash.
Getting our instructions at the start of the Hash. Check out Max front and center. I thought it was cold that morning as it was freezing in the house so I decked him out in warm clothes. As soon as I stepped outside, I learned just how nice it was... but we were late so I didn't have time to change him.

The beer stop at the Market....

Kevin, Max and I rounded out the evening at Margarita and Emile's. A little dancing. A little soccer. We all had lovely face art by Miss Sophia before the night was through.
No comments:
Post a Comment