Well, it's about that time for us to welcome a little baby boy. The estimated due date is Saturday - yep, that's the day after tomorrow - while the induction date/time is Friday Feb 8 at 5pm. I'm no longer going to work - Kevin is quite happy about that. I am still working from home but I'm getting a bit tired during the day so I do have to take a nap or two to make it through.
We've been busy with last minute things around the house. Right now, it still looks like a disaster thanks to the amish furniture store that we bought the glider and computer armoire from. We ordered the furniture on October 25th and still do not have the computer armoire. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday or today but due to the weather, they postponed delivery until Tuesday at the earliest. Arrrghh. In the mean time, our computer is in pieces all over the living room. The old desk, which was really a kitchen table, is looking for a home (if anyone wants a sturdy pine table that fits four, let us know or it will be going to furniture heaven in the alley behind Desmond's waiting for a junker to pick up). There is one modular cabinet looking for a home as well (or it will meet the same fate as the table). Somehow we've managed to repurpose 4 of the same modular cabinet pieces but I just don't have it in me to find anywhere in the house for the last piece. We've also managed to stash away about 6 big blue plastic storage bins as well as a guitar amp in the condo. I am quite impressed with our abilities to vanish things.
1 comment:
It is sooo easy to say that you are going to work to the end. But it is very hard. Little things become a big deal. Glad to hear you are taking some time. This way you can get Kevin to work some more!!!!
Post a Comment