International Refrigeration is owned by Dave. Dave is originally from Scotland and loves to drink Pasquale's beer. He came down with the Dengue (fever) a few weeks ago but seems to be bouncing back just fine. He's a great guy and I'm glad he shares the building lot with Pasquales.
This is where we get all our meat and fish. Edith, who runs the place, has been nothing but wonderful to us. She has invited us over to the house so that Max can play with her son Scott but we haven't scheduled a visit yet.
Hidden in the Garden City Plaza is Atlantic Bank, where Pasquales has its account. I wish we had nice things to say about this bank... but we don't.... other than it is in a nice plaza.
The prestigous University of Belize - BMP campus.
Oh no, don't adjust your screen. Those are horses on the major road through town. These weren't Mennonite horses so I was a little surprised to see them. I feel a bit bad taking photos of the Mennonites with their horse and buggies - as if I'm mocking them. Some day, I will get a photo and not feel guilty about it.
Daniel Supermarket is our neighborhood convenience store/grocery store. It is a nice store which has cold beer and is on Kev's way home from Pasquales.
BMP Hospital. Trying never to be a patient here.
This tent was a gift from Mexico. It has never been used. It seems to be a nice tent though.
This is the 'exit' off Ring Road to our neighborhood, called Cohune Walk.
This is the road we live on. We are the fourth house on the left. This photo is taken from the backside of the road. Normally we come from the other direction.
This is my new secret entrance to town. It doesn't look like much but is shaves quite a bit of time off when coming to BMP from the north. The road is in very good condition other than the 3 feet from where it ends to the highway. Let's just say Pasquale's van wouldn't make it but the Liberty doesn't have any problems. Kev has yet to take the secret entrance... someday....
This is the entrance to Cohune Walk. We live down 3 roads from here. The guard house proves that they were hoping this neighborhood would be soo much more. It is run down and not used. The road around the guard house is absolutely terrible. The potholes are atrocious.
1 comment:
So Beth, these are quite the photos. Do you take pictures of everything. I did like the picture of Max and the cellphone. Yeah Mike, he looks like you!
Post a Comment