Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper

I finally had some time to take the measurements for new plastic screens for some of the windows in our house. It isn't like in the States where you just buy plastic and adhere them to the windows in the winter to keep the cold out. Here, you actually get plastic window inserts (picture a window screen with heavy plastic instead of screen) and you put them up in the summer to keep the cold (air conditioning) in. I replaced all the windows in Max's room for a little piece of mind as I suspect that is where some of our little critters come in. I also replaced the window behind our bed which is actually missing some glass so it was quite stupid for us to be running the air in our room in the first place.
After barely getting the windows in the car, Max and I came home to install them (Kevin was in Mexico this day). Max was so helpful - moving the screens from one spot to the next.




I can't say that I notice much of a difference in temperature in the house but it is nice peace of mind to know we are doing SOMETHING to keep the electricity cost down and the bugs out.

No comments: