Sunday, July 11, 2010

Viva Espana!

Today was the World Cup Final and our normally quiet (unless Margarita is throwing a party) street was THE place to be - because Margarita was throwing a party! Almost 60 people were at the house to watch the game on the big screen outside - it was like the United Nations of World Cup. Actually, I'm sure there were people from the UN on the guest list. It was truly an international affair with Kevin and I being the only ones who really didn't care about the game at all.
Tremendous amounts of food which was all excellent - I'd like to point out that Kevin and I probably ate half of Fabiola's tortilla espanolas - but we haven't had it in so long, we just couldn't stop nibbling.


The 'cul de sac' was full. I'm surprised nobody went in the ditch.

Emile cooking his 13 beer but chickens. Poor timing on his part, though, as he didn't get to watch any of the game as he cooked the whole time.

The faces - American, British, Argentinian, Belezian, Kiwi, Italian - intently watch the game.


In the end, the Spiegel's will not succomb to the world of futbol fanaticism. We were bored, hot, and tired of chasing our little monster around. At least we had full belly's!

No comments: